Agartala: In a bid to build a corpus to help party workers who suffered serious injuries or damages to property during the recent post-poll violence in the state, Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president Pradyot Kishore Manikya DebBarma has announced that he would donate Rs 10 lakh from his personal account to the party.
Taking to his Facebook page, DebBarma wrote: “In the aftermath of violence in Tripura and so much of loss of property i am personally pledging Rs 10 lakhs to the relief fund for the Congress workers who have suffered serious injuries or other damages in terms of property [sic].”
DebBarma also urged other senior leaders to do the same. “I am appealing those other former presidents and senior leaders do the same. Many times we simply talk but never actually do anything for the congress worker who has worked for us on the ground during elections. Let me remind everyone Actions speaks louder than words,” he wrote.
“I am donating my bit, i suggest that you also come forward and do yours. All donations to be made to Tripua Pradesh Congress account by cheque,” he added.
Meanwhile, several other senior leaders have come forward and decided to donate from their end on Monday. The leaders will also hold a meeting to decide the amount to be provided as an urgent remedy for the victims, said vice-president Tapas Dey.
DebBarma is also expected to meet All India Congress Committee president Rahul Gandhi on Monday to discuss over the post-poll violence.
- Assam continues to ‘restrict’ movement of people to Meghalaya
- BSF shoots down drone along international border in Amritsar
- India logs 389 new COVID-19 cases, active cases down to 5,395
- Alliance Air resumes Silchar- Imphal flight service after a decade
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26