Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh chief electoral officer (CEO) Kaling Tayeng on Sunday called upon governor Brig (retd) BD Mishra at Raj Bhavan in Itanagar. He submitted a copy of the notification issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) in terms of Section 73 of the Representation of People’s Act, 1951, containing the names of new members elected to the state legislative assembly.
The CEO was accompanied by additional chief electoral officer Kanki Darang and representatives from ECI — Ankit Gupta and Birendra Kumar.
On behalf of the people of the state, Tayeng commended the efforts of the state electoral office, its officials and members of its staff, other public officials who were involved in management and superintendence of the campaign and polling, and police and central and state security personnel, for working tirelessly and diligently to uphold the sanctity of the people’s ballot and successfully completing a free and fair election.
The governor praised the voters who participated in the election process in such large numbers, despite the terrain and weather difficulties, who made the current electoral process the world’s largest democratic exercise in history.
- Mizoram: Schemes implementation not up to mark, says Union Minister
- Assam CM slams Ajmal’s recent controversial comment on women
- MoU signed for promoting ‘Tripureswari’ tea brand of Tripura
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi