Itanagar: The Aalo police have arrested a Class XII student for allegedly making a pornographic video and circulating it on social media.
The police held him on the basis of an FIR lodged by the West Siang Unit of Arunachal Pradesh Women Welfare Society (APPWS). The police registered a case under Section 14 and other relevant sections of the POCSO Act after indentifying the culprit. The accused is in jail and the girl in the video has also been identified for further interrogation.
Aalo, the district headquarters of West Siang, is around 370 km from Itanagar.
The video shows the accused disrobing and outraging the modesty of the girl who seems to be in an unconscious state. The accused also appears to be performing the pornographic act circulated via WhatsApp and other social media platforms.
Expressing anguish on such practices among the youth, APPWS Aalo unit president Marbom Riba Bagra said that students should devote their time to studies and other productive activities than resort to such dirty activities that can pollute a society.
Such unhealthy practices are quite detrimental for the future of young generation and will not be tolerated by women at any cost, she said.
The women’s wing has appealed district administration, police and court to give exemplary punishment to the perpetrator.
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Now, Sikkim health minister MK Sharma resigns
- ‘Pathaan’ raises Rs 667 crore gross worldwide box office earnings in eight days
- BJP using money from LIC, nationalised banks to benefit some leaders: Mamata