Guwahati: Assam’s sprint queen Hima Das is not just a star on the track but off it too.
The athlete secured a first division in the higher secondary final-year examination conducted by the Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council (AHSEC), the results of which were declared on Saturday.
The reigning U-20 world champion scored 69.8% marks in the Arts stream from Dhing College in Nagaon district.
She scored 63 in English, 84 in Assamese, 60 in Advanced Assamese, 75 in Political Science, 67 in Education and 46 in Geography.
Das’ father Ranjit Das was elated after knowing about the results. “We are happy with her academic performance. It is now time for her to give her best on the athletic track, which she was destined to pursue,” her father was quoted as saying by Sportstar.
The athlete is in Poland right now undergoing training for the World Championships in Doha, scheduled to be held between September 27 and October 6 this year.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa