Aizawl: An eight-year-old girl was killed and her parents injured when a massive landslide swept their house at Saihapui ‘K’ village in north Mizoram’s Kolasib district bordering Assam on Friday.
The Kolasib police said that the incident occurred around 12 noon when the family members were in their house. The landslide was caused by rains and leakage of water from a large storage that stood above the house.
Soon after the incident, local volunteers rushed to the site and pulled out Mary Lalhmangaihzuali and her parents Robendro and Zonunmawii from the debris, the police said. They were rushed to Kolasib district hospital where the girl succumbed to her injuries, the police added.
Robendro, who is the president of Saihapui ‘K’ village council, and his wife were sent to Aizawl. They were stated to be out of danger.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence