Itanagar: A pall of gloom descended on the native place of Khonsa West MLA Tirong Aboh who was killed in an ambush along with 10 others near Bogapani in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tirap district on Tuesday morning.
The MLA’s son, Longgem Aboh, was among those killed in the incident. While two persons, including Aboh’s PSO Wangsan Hakhun sustained bullet injuries, two others escaped unhurt.
Family members and local residents were inconsolable as the bodies of the slain MLA and others were brought home in Khonsa later in the day on Tuesday.
Watch the video here:
Aboh contested the assembly elections, the results of which will be declared on May 23, on a National People’s Party (NPP) ticket this year.
This is not the first time NPP workers have come under attack in Arunachal Pradesh. On March 29, an NPP supporter was allegedly beaten to death by unidentified miscreants at Kheti village in Tirap district.
The deceased was identified as Jaley Anna. Reportedly, the miscreants also attacked another person namely Khamney Aboh who was later admitted to the Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) in Dibrugarh, Assam.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders
- Assam logs 196 new COVID-19 cases, 5 fresh fatalities
- India records 26,041 new COVID-19 cases
- Bharat Bandh: Rahul Gandhi voices support for farmers
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination