Itanagar: Leaders from the Northeast, cutting across party lines, expressed their shock and anger over the killing of sitting Khonsa West MLA Tirong Aboh and 10 others in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tirap district on Tuesday morning.
Aboh’s son was among those killed in the ambush laid by suspected NSCN militants near Bogapani in Khonsa circle of Tirap district.
Condemning the ‘brutal attack’, Nagaland CM took to Twitter and urged the government to take action against those responsible.
Taking to Twitter, Union minister of state for home Kiren Rijiju said that the “strongest possible action will be taken against those responsible for such dastardly attack”.
Meanwhile, Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu announced that “action will be initiated to hunt down the perpetrators.
- PM to campaign for BJP in poll-bound Meghalaya
- Why it isn’t surprising when the pope says being gay ‘isn’t a crime’
- Space sector associations from Indo-Pacific join hands to explore new opportunities
- What effect will lunar new year have on COVID spread in China?
- US industry urges FM to simplify direct and indirect taxes in India
- Bitcoin has shot up 50% since new year, but new lows may be ahead