Agartala: Close to two days after videos showing two jawans of the Tripura State Rifles being assaulted by their seniors at the headquarters of the 12 battalion at Chakmaghat went viral, Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb ordered the director general of police (DGP) and principal secretary to take strict action against those involved in the incidents.
Commandant Rati Ranjan Debnath ordered the suspension of all the five accused — Naib Subedar Bipul Ranjan De, Havildar Kamal Paul, Hav Raju Dhar, Naik Maheswar Das and Naik Satyabrata Sinha — for attacking Rifleman Bhojbeer Singh Chouhan and Rifleman Jagadish Singh Chawra and asked them not to leave the headquarters without the consent of seniors.
Later, DGP Akhil Kumar Shukla placed commandant Debnath under suspension for his attempt to hide the entire matter within the battalion and failing to protect the rights of the soldiers.
The DGP has ordered the commandant to remain in the Agartala headquarters and not to leave till the time inquiry is on.
The DGP also assured one of the victims, Bhojveer Singh Chauhan, and his brother after meeting them personally on Tuesday afternoon.
Chouhan was admitted to the GBP hospital with serious injuries and marks all over his body over the barbaric attack by his seniors.
- Meghalaya: Dr. Nalin Mehta is new NEIGRIHMS director
- Netflix: Coming of age series ‘Sex Education’ renewed for Season 4
- Boxing legend Mike Tyson to make Bollywood debut with ‘Liger’
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke any response in Arunachal Pradesh