Kohima: Launching a crackdown on an illegal weapon network, Assam Rifles personnel apprehended three persons from Dimapur in Nagaland on Saturday.
The three accused have been identified as Tonivi Swu (39), a native of Zunheboto district; Hukuto Tokishe (42), a native of Tuensang District, and Leacy Kiviho Kiva (50) from Dimapur.
Three pistols, one rifle, some ammunition and other incriminating materials were recovered from the possession of the trio. They handed over to the East Dimapur police station, along with the seized items, for further investigation on Saturday night.
According to a statement released by the defence PRO, “the busting of the weapon smuggling network has put caution on the elements who are trying to upset the security situation in the state”.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture