Imphal: Manipur’s TRAU FC has qualified for the 2018-19 Hero I-League after knocking out Ozone FC 2-1 and clinching the season’s 2nd Division I-League championship title at the Khuman Lampak Stadium in Imphal on Sunday.
Tiddim Road Athletic Union Football Club, popularly known as TRAU FC, will be the second football club from the state after NEROCA FC to qualify for the prestigious Indian football league from the second tiers in three years.
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) lauded the TRAU FC for winning the Hero 2nd Division I-League 2018-19 and registering their place in the next I-League season.
Sunando Dhar, CEO, I-League said, “Congratulations TRAU FC for the achievement. I’m sure the Hero I-League will be more competitive and challenging next season with their inclusion. I wish them all the best for the next endeavour.”
The Imphal-based football team has amassed 15 points from five collective matches so far. Football lovers and fans across Manipur and elsewhere are hoping that the club will keep the momentum of football in India in the next-upcoming I-League series.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24