Imphal: Manipur Police SC is all set to play the 2018-19 Hero Indian Women’s League final after a thrilling performance beating Gokulam Kerala FC by 4-2 at the Guru Nanak Stadium in Punjab’s Ludhiana city on Monday.
According to the All India Football Federation, despite being one player down at the 47th minute, the Manipur team launched forays after forays to crowd out Gokulam’s midfield.
Manipur’s Romi Devi was sent off for a deliberate handball but that did not deter the team from playing their usual attacking brand of football; and finally it paid dividends with Bala Devi up front. The Manipur Police SC captain scored all the four goals for her team as they beat Gokulam Kerala FC 4-2 to reach the final
With 26 goals in her kitty in six games played so far, Bala Devi also bagged the ‘Player of the Match’ title.
The winner of Monday’s second semi-final match, which was being played at the time of filing this story between Sethu FC and Central SSB Women FC, will take on Manipur Police FC at the grand finale on May 22.
- Assam Govt to re-examine all TET teachers’ credentials
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18