51.95% voter turnout recorded till 3 pm in the seventh and final phase of Lok Sabha elections 2019. The breakup of voter turnout till 3 pm across the seven states and the lone union territory is as follows: Bihar: 46.66%, Himachal Pradesh: 49.43%, Madhya Pradesh: 57.27%, Punjab: 48.18%, Uttar Pradesh: 46.07%, West Bengal: 63.58%, Jharkhand: 64.81%, Chandigarh: 50.24%
Voter turnout recorded till 11 am: Bihar: 18.90%, Himachal Pradesh: 24.29%, Madhya Pradesh: 23.36%, Punjab: 28.40%, Uttar Pradesh: 21.89%, West Bengal: 32.15%, Jharkhand: 30.33%, Chandigarh: 22.30%
Voter turnout till 9 am in the seventh and final phase of Lok Sabha elections was recorded as 10.25%, the Election Commission of India said on Sunday.
Voter turnout recorded till 9 am: Bihar: 10.65%, Himachal Pradesh: 0.87%, Madhya Pradesh: 7.16%, Punjab: 4.64%, Uttar Pradesh: 5.97%, West Bengal: 10.54, Jharkhand: 13.19%, Chandigarh: 10.40%
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is among the key candidates in the final phase of voting on Sunday. He will face Congress’ Ajay Rai and grand alliance candidate Shalini Yadav in Varanasi. Earlier, rumours were doing the rounds that Priyanka Gandhi would fight for the constituency against PM Modi. Modi had won 2014 elections by over 3.7 lakh votes here.
Voters across 59 Lok Sabha seats in seven states and one union territory will decide the fate of as many as 918 candidates in the seventh and final phase of the general elections on Sunday. The keenly watched constituencies are Varanasi and Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh; Patna Sahib and Patiliputra in Bihar; and Gurdaspur and Amritsar in Punjab; among others.
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials