Guwahati: While investigations are still underway to nab the perpetrators behind the Wednesday’s grenade blast in Guwahati, the police on Friday picked up a suspected ULFA (I) linkman from Nagaon for interrogation in connection with the case.
The detained ULFA man has been identified as Indra Mohan Bora, a resident of Cholcholi village under Samuguri police station of Nagaon district. The police recovered a mobile handset, few pen drives and a knife from Bora’s possession.
Nagaon SP Shankar Brata Raimedhi said that Bora visited the blast spot and did a recce before the final execution and was in constant touch with some rebel leaders of the proscribed outfit through social media platforms.
The SP said further that Bora was also involved in recruitment activities of members from Nagaon district. “We are in constant touch with Guwahati police and looking at all aspects regarding this investigation,” Raimedhi added.
Earlier, the police arrested a pro-talk ULFA leader, Pranamoy Rajguru, and his alleged accomplice, Jahnabi Saikia, from a rented house at Baghorbari in Guwahati on Thursday. Later, a bomb expert of the banned outfit, Amit Ballav Goswami, was also arrested from Golaghat.
With the latest arrest, a total of four persons have been detained by the Assam police in connection with the grenade blast that took place around 7.50 pm near Guwahati Central mall on the busy RG Baruah Road on Wednesday.
At least 12 people were injured in the incident.
- Here’s what Elon Musk’s language teaches us about his ambitions
- Forced religious conversion against Constitution: SC
- Twitter lifted its ban on COVID misinformation – research shows this is a grave risk to public health
- Examine representation on framing of same rules for organ transplant: SC
- Regional arms race vs Kim’s desire for NKorea to be nuclear superpower
- Why Uyghurs, who suffered China’s COVID policies most, won’t protest