Guwahati: Hours before the official declaration of this year’s High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) exam results at 9 am on Wednesday, a list comprising the top 10 rank holders’ names along with their marks and school details was getting circulated on social media.
One of these messages is in the possession of EastMojo.
Incidentally, unlike some other reports that talk about a similar list being ‘leaked’, the list in possession of this digital media platform has all the details in the correct format.
On Thursday, some media reports said that a message was being circulated on social media mentioning the name of an HSLC candidate as the topper. Although the candidate did not top the exams, his name did feature among the rank holders, the reports said.
To this, education minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya had said that he will order an inquiry into the allegations. “We will ask the cyber crime unit to investigate into the origin of the WhatsApp message,” he was quoted as saying by a media report.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary