Guwahati: Hours before the official declaration of this year’s High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC) exam results at 9 am on Wednesday, a list comprising the top 10 rank holders’ names along with their marks and school details was getting circulated on social media.
One of these messages is in the possession of EastMojo.
Incidentally, unlike some other reports that talk about a similar list being ‘leaked’, the list in possession of this digital media platform has all the details in the correct format.
On Thursday, some media reports said that a message was being circulated on social media mentioning the name of an HSLC candidate as the topper. Although the candidate did not top the exams, his name did feature among the rank holders, the reports said.
To this, education minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya had said that he will order an inquiry into the allegations. “We will ask the cyber crime unit to investigate into the origin of the WhatsApp message,” he was quoted as saying by a media report.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24