Guwahati: We are keeping our eyes and ears open, said Assam’s director general of police (DGP) Kuladhar Saikia moments after visiting the site of grenade blast near the state zoo on RG Baruah Road in Guwahati. The incident took place around 7.40 pm when a grenade was hurled at some security personnel in the crowded locality.
“We have started investigation into the matter, According to the commissioner [Guwahati police commissioner Deepak Kumar], the blast took place during the regular police checking. Investigation as to which group is behind the blast is yet to be ascertained. I’ve spoken with the CM and the people behind it will be punished. I have reached the site to take stock of the situation and also to begin investigation at the earliest,” Saikia told media persons.
Our measures against militant outfits have been stringent and we’ve managed to arrest many such people, said Saikia, adding: “Arms and ammunition have been also seized from various militant organisations. We are trying to figure out as to whether this blast is related to all of these. We are keeping our eyes and ears open.”
Meanwhile, Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal took to Twitter to condemn the incident:
- Ronaldo leaves ManU by ‘mutual agreement’. Why wasn’t he sacked?
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 November, 2022
- Cong names candidate from Siaha seat for Mizoram Assembly polls
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor’s vice chairperson Vikram Kirloskar dies
- Nagaland gets Plan A, B, C as seven Eastern Naga tribes snub Hornbill
- New Jalpaiguri station to be upgraded as multi-modal transportation hub