Aizawl: Officials of the Mizoram excise and narcotics department along with Assam Rifles and volunteers of Young Mizoram Association (YMA) has seized 259 grams of heroin and arrested one person in connection with the seizure at Zuangtui locality in Aizawl on Monday night.
Later on Tuesday, the accused was produced before a special judge (ND&PS Act), who remanded him to judicial custody of 14 days.
Sources in the state excise department said that the joint operation was initially launched by Assam Rifles and YMA volunteers during which they arrested Lalvenkima with 14 grams of heroin.
On being questioned, the accused revealed that he concealed a substantial amount of heroin at a house in Zuangtui, where he temporarily lives.
YMA volunteers and Assam Rifles informed Excise and Narcotics department, who raided the house and discovered another 155 grams of heroin from the possession of Lalvenkima, sources added.
The contraband worth Rs 9.50 lakh was reportedly smuggled from Myanmar.
The accused has been booked under relevant section of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- Two new bird species found in Manipur
- TMC releases manifesto for Tripura polls, promises ‘Bengal model of development’
- Arunachal: 5G service launched in Itanagar
- Tripura 2023: Amit Shah to address two election rallies on Monday
- Manipur: Discover the hidden gems of ‘Land of Jewels’
- Meghalaya 2023: BJP’s Mariahom Kharkrang calls for public debate