Guwahati: After Sattriya dance, Bihu — Assam’s traditional dance form — will find its place as an elective subject in the 10+2 curriculum conducted by the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) from the next academic year.
As per reports, students interested in opting for the elective subject will have to appear for a 100-mark test consisting of both theory and practical segments.
Prior to its decision to make Bihu as an elective subject, the AHSEC organised a series of workshops with some of the prominent experts from the field. With their active support and guidance, the education board prepared a roadmap and worked on the academic curriculum and syllabus accordingly.
Different segments of Bihu, including the dance, related instruments like dhol, pepa, gogona and naam, among others, will find place in the curriculum.
However, the baord is yet to take a final decision on the marks pattern of the subject between theory and practical, said reports.
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college
- Tripura govt issues guidelines for Durga Puja celebrations
- HC refuses bail to Yes Bank founder Rana Kapoor’s wife, daughters in corruption case
- Watch: Assam faces drought, but state farmers receive no support
- Meghalaya netizens beware! Cops issue KBC Lottery fraud alert
- Navjot Sidhu resigns as Punjab Congress chief, triggers crisis in party