Kohima: Dreamz Unlimited has now officially become the first Naga YouTube channel to attract over 100,000 subscribers. As a recognition for achieving the feat, the Dimapur-based comedy group received its ‘Silver Play Button’ that is given by the popular video-sharing site to channels that reach or surpass 1,00,000 subscribers.
They crossed the magic figure on August 5 last year.
Revealed this in their latest video published on Wednesday, in which a member is seen ‘unboxing’ the YouTube ‘package’, the group said: “Finally, we received the YouTube Silver Play Button. People receive this when they hit 1 lakh subscribers. Although we received it late, at least it made it to us.” It further thanked its viewers and assured quality videos in the future.
When EastMojo interviewed Dreamz Unlimited in August last year, the channel had 1,19,000 subscribers on YouTube and 40,000 followers on Instagram. Today, there are over 1,99,394 YouTube subscribers and over 59,4000 followers on Instagram with over 100 videos on the popular video-sharing site.
Based in Aoyimti village of Dimapur, Dreamz Unlimited specialises in raising important contemporary issues pertaining to the state, while using a blend of humour and satirical commentary.
The Silver Play Button got a fresh look in March last year when the metal button placed within a window box imprinted with the channel’s name front glass pane updated to a flat designed metal plaque award with the channel’s name embossed on it.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle