Khonsa: Continuing its extensive operations against underground elements, the Khonsa battalion of Assam Rifles recently apprehended Kijen Rangwang, a self-styled sergeant of the NSCN(K) faction from Chinghan village of Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
The self-styled sergeant was apprehended following an operation undertaken by the security forces on Sunday, an official press release informed on Wednesday.
Also Read: Arunachal: 3 including NSCN-IM ‘captain’ killed in encounter
The security forces recovered around 25 gm of opium and some cash from the possession of Rangwang.
The civil population in the area have expressed a sign of relief following the arrest and appreciated the determined efforts of Assam Rifles for bringing peace and normalcy in the region, the press release added.
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory