Khonsa: Continuing its extensive operations against underground elements, the Khonsa battalion of Assam Rifles recently apprehended Kijen Rangwang, a self-styled sergeant of the NSCN(K) faction from Chinghan village of Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
The self-styled sergeant was apprehended following an operation undertaken by the security forces on Sunday, an official press release informed on Wednesday.
The security forces recovered around 25 gm of opium and some cash from the possession of Rangwang.
The civil population in the area have expressed a sign of relief following the arrest and appreciated the determined efforts of Assam Rifles for bringing peace and normalcy in the region, the press release added.
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme