Guwahati: Two-time Raid De Himalaya winner Lhakpa Tsering and ace navigator and biker V Venu Rameshkumar are representing ‘Team Arunachal’ at Desert Storm 2019, the country’s longest cross-country rally. The event started on May 7 from New Delhi and will end in the scorching Thar Desert of Rajasthan on May 11.
Covering a distance of 2,500 km, the event has over 72 participants in three categories where they will engage in real-time battle across stages while also covering timed sections through gruesome terrains. The rally will test the mental and physical capacities of the riders.
Also Read: How this NE woman is breaking the glass ceiling in motorsports
Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu conveyed his best wishes to the duo on Twitter saying, “Best wishes to Team Arunachal represented by Two Time Raid De Himalaya Champ Shri Lhakpa Tsering. Powered by Polaris India Ltd all set for RALLY #DesertStorm a 2500km gruelling race of MAN and MACHINE against nature in the GREAT THAR DESERT of Bikaner & Jaisalmer 7th to 11th May (sic).”
Tsering will be driving a Polaris RR Turbo 1000 cc, against Super XUV 500s of Mahindra, Suzuki Vitaras and Toyota.
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur