Itanagar: The Centre has blamed the extensive damage of optical-fibre cables due to construction work of Trans Arunachal Highway (TAH) for poor BSNL network in certain districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
In a reply to Lok Sabha member Ninong Ering’s letter on November 28 last year, Union Minister of State for Communications and Railways Manoj Sinha on Monday said the root cause of poor telecommunication network was found after an examination.
“Being a hilly terrain, it is very difficult to provide and maintain the OFC network but BSNL has taken steps to maintain connectivity and to overcome the problem. The steps included satellite link provided in the district headquarters of Pangin, Tawang, Seppa, Along, Yingkiong, Anini, Daporijo, Changlang, Koloriang, Hawai and Palin,” Sinha said.
He added that microwave link has been provided in Bomdila, Pasighat, Likabali, Tezu, Khonsa, Namsai and Longding. “Moreover, Itanagar has been provided alternative connectivity with Guwahati, Kolkata, Dimapur and Tezpur on PGCIL bandwidth to increase reliability and uninterrupted connectivity. Steps are also being taken to offer connectivity to new Kamle, Shi-Yomi and Pakke Kessang district headquarters,” he said.
BSNL, the minister pointed out, has already been allocated frequency spectrum in 7 GHz band for the deployment of microwave systems and action for procurement of equipment has been initiated. Access spectrum in 800/900/1800/2100/2500 MHz band has also been assigned to BSNL in Northeast service area, he said, adding that recommendations have been sought from TRAI on the methodology of allotment of spectrum for MWA/MWB spectrum to telecom service providers and charging thereof.
- 5 easy tried and tested one-pot meals to ‘Netflix and chill’ this weekend
- COVID in schools: How ventilation can help to combat spread of the virus
- Indo-Nepal joint military training exercise in Pithoragarh from Monday
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize
- Gadkari gets Rs 4 lakh royalty per month from YouTube for lecture videos
- NIA arrests key conspirator in Manipur Rifles arms theft case