Itanagar: A video shot by a citizen journalist from Damin circle in Koloriang in Arunachal Pradesh accusing supporters of the National People’s Party (NPP) of destroying a Bailey bridge in the area during the re-polling that took place on April 27 is going viral on social media.
Koloriang is the headquarters of Kurung Kumey district and is around 250 km from Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh.
In the video, the citizen journalist can been seen asking the locals about their opinion on the destruction of the said bridge, which is a ‘lifeline’ for many in the region.
The locals in their reply condemned the NPP and at the same time requested the Kurung Kumey district administration to take strict action against the miscreants who were involved in destroying the public property.
Arunachal Pradesh went to simultaneous Lok Sabha and Assembly pools in the first phase on April 11. However, many instances of violence were and are still been reported throughout the state.
Following this, the Election Commission had announced re-polling in several booths of the state which were marred by violence and violation of model code of conduct on April 20 and then again on April 27.
A few more cases of violence were still being received till the time of filing this report.
The decision to conduct a re-poll in those places would, however, still remain in the hands of the Election Commission.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19