Guwahati: The special diving team of Indian Navy recovered the bodies of all the three missing persons, including one woman, from the site of the boat mishap that took place in the Maphou dam reservoir in Manipur’s Ukhrul district on Sunday.
While two bodies were recovered on Friday, one was retrieved on Thursday evening.
The deceased have been identified as Saggapam Rajiv (35), Saggapam Romen (21) and Ningthoujam Rina (19) — all hailing from the state’s Bishnupur district.
Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh offered condolence for the deceased saying, “May their soul rest in peace in the Heavenly abode and I share the grief of the bereaved families.”
The incident took place on April 28 when two boats, carrying 12 tourists, capsized after they were hit by a cyclonic storm. Only nine passengers were rescued, while the three were reported missing.
- Opposition MPs protest in Parliament premises on Adani issue
- Meghalaya 2023: Denied BJP ticket, ex-MLA joins TMC for North Tura
- Nagaland polls: CM Neiphiu Rio files nomination
- SC observation on Sikkimese Nepalis: Rijiju says Centre to file review petition
- Mizoram Assembly to pass resolution opposing Uniform Civil Code
- Tourist from Sikkim falls off auto after two men snatch her bag in Amritsar, dies