Guwahati: The special diving team of Indian Navy recovered the bodies of all the three missing persons, including one woman, from the site of the boat mishap that took place in the Maphou dam reservoir in Manipur’s Ukhrul district on Sunday.
While two bodies were recovered on Friday, one was retrieved on Thursday evening.
The deceased have been identified as Saggapam Rajiv (35), Saggapam Romen (21) and Ningthoujam Rina (19) — all hailing from the state’s Bishnupur district.
Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh offered condolence for the deceased saying, “May their soul rest in peace in the Heavenly abode and I share the grief of the bereaved families.”
The incident took place on April 28 when two boats, carrying 12 tourists, capsized after they were hit by a cyclonic storm. Only nine passengers were rescued, while the three were reported missing.
- Japan widens virus restrictions as omicron surges in cities
- Sputnik V vaccine shows higher Omicron-specific antibodies than Pfizer: Study
- 6 Bengal cities saw alarming rise in air pollution in Dec 2021: Study
- Iran, Russia and China begin the joint naval drill
- Bengal forest dept to release 2nd batch of endangered turtles with GPS tags
- Chevron, Total exit Myanmar over deteriorating conditions