Guwahati: Manipuri lad Laishram Prince Singh has topped the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) – Main 2019 from the state.
The results of the prestigious entrance examination — organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in institutes accepting the JEE-Main scores, mainly National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) — were announced on Tuesday.
As per official statements, a total of 24 candidates have received 100 per cent scores in Paper 1 of the exam.
The JEE-Main, which replaces AIEEE, is for admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and some other colleges designated as “centrally funded technical institutes” (CFTIs).
Candidates who clear JEE Main will also be eligible for the JEE Advanced, the last entrance examination for admission into one of the seven zonal IITs, besides others.
Candidates, who secure a rank in the top 2,45,000, will be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced. The remaining can apply to other NITs, private colleges and other state government colleges based on their JEE Main scores.
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai
- US, UK, Australia launch new trilateral Indo-Pacific alliance to counter China
- Farmers suffering, govt is nowhere, say Meghalaya MLAs