Guwahati: Manipuri lad Laishram Prince Singh has topped the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) – Main 2019 from the state.
The results of the prestigious entrance examination — organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in institutes accepting the JEE-Main scores, mainly National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) — were announced on Tuesday.
As per official statements, a total of 24 candidates have received 100 per cent scores in Paper 1 of the exam.
The JEE-Main, which replaces AIEEE, is for admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and some other colleges designated as “centrally funded technical institutes” (CFTIs).
Candidates who clear JEE Main will also be eligible for the JEE Advanced, the last entrance examination for admission into one of the seven zonal IITs, besides others.
Candidates, who secure a rank in the top 2,45,000, will be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced. The remaining can apply to other NITs, private colleges and other state government colleges based on their JEE Main scores.
- NFR tests railway track using ultra sonic flaw detection
- Arunachal: BJP women celebrate passing of reservation Bill
- Manipur: Temporary prison set up in Churachandpur
- Manipur to continue biometric collection of illegal immigrants
- Betting on The NFL In India – A Guide
- Shoppers Stop ropes in Ushasi Ray for their Durga Pujo campaign