Guwahati: The Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday declared the results for Class XII examinations that were held in the month of February and March this year.
Joint toppers for the exam, Hansika Shukla and Karishma Arora, scored 499 marks out of 500.
The total pass percentage for the country this year is 83.4% with the highest recorded in Thiruvananthapuram at 98.2 %, followed by Chennai at 92.93% and Delhi at 91.87%. The percentage of students who passed from international schools is 95.43%.
Kendriya Vidyalayas had a pass percentage of 98.54% while government schools and private schools had a lower pass percentage of 88.49% and 82.59%, respectively.
A total of 13 lakh students appeared in the CBSE examinations for Class XII for the academic session 2018-2019.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands