Agartala: Demanding re-polling in West Tripura Parliamentary Constituency, a delegation representing All India Congress Committee (AICC) and Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) met Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) at Nirvachan Sadan in New Delhi on Monday afternoon.
Talking to the reporter TPCC president Pradyot Kishore Deb Barman said, “The delegation demanded quick action over the mass rigging and booth capturing that took place during the first phase of elections in West Tripura constituency and to hold fresh elections in the constituency immediately.”
The Election Commission of India (ECI) informed the delegation that a detailed report has been received from the Chief Electoral Office and the Returning Officers Office on the West Tripura poll. The commission will announce the next course of action a day or two, Pradyot confirmed.
Earlier, while addressing media persons, the TPCC leaders warned the ECI on moving to the Supreme Court if re-polling is not conducted in the constituency.
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students
- Mukroh Firing: Meghalaya BJP prez meets Assam officer attacked in Shillong
- BSF-BGB regional meeting in Tripura from Dec 7 to discuss border issue
- Arunachal: Concerted efforts needed to give RGU pan-India character, says Guv