Guwahati: The Agartala – Bangalore Humsafar Express has been derailed under Lumding Division of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, a press release issued by the by NF railway said.
No casualty was reported in the accident which took place at 7.52 am. The release said that the incident occurred between Churaibari and Kalkalighat stations, about 26 km from Karimgang station when two wheels of the front trolley of the engine got derailed.
NFR said that accident relief train (ART) immediately left from Badarpur for the accident site, and additional general manager along with high officials from headquarters and division rushed to the spot.
“The train was pulled back by a relief engine to Churaibari station where passengers were provided with all necessary assistance,” press release said.
Meanwhile, the ART put back the derailed wheels to normal position and the track was declared fit for train movement at 12.10 pm.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges
- Tripura: Rifleman guns down colleagues in Sepahijala