Guwahati: Five persons died on the spot and 13 others were injured when a minibus rammed into a stationary truck at Balajan area in Assam’s Dhubri district on Saturday morning.
The minibus, which was carrying around 25 people, was heading towards Dhubri after attending a marriage reception at Noyagaon in Bongaigaon district of Assam, and rammed into the truck at around 3:30 am.
The deceased have been identified as Shambhu Rawat, Kanchan Rawat, Utpal Rai and Subhash Adhikari. However, the identity of the fifth person, who is believed to be the handyman of the vehicle, is yet to be confirmed.
Meanwhile, the injured are getting treatment at Dhubri civil hospital while those with serious injuries have been shifted to Gauhati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) for better treatment.
- Assam: Police to launch massive drive against child marriage from Feb 3
- Spent Rs 20.7L on preservation of cultural sites in 2021-22: Govt
- Manipur: Guv La Ganesan opens 3rd session of 12th Legislative Assembly
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal
- Confiscate assets of officers operating illegal coke plants: Meghalaya HC