Guwahati: Five persons died on the spot and 13 others were injured when a minibus rammed into a stationary truck at Balajan area in Assam’s Dhubri district on Saturday morning.
The minibus, which was carrying around 25 people, was heading towards Dhubri after attending a marriage reception at Noyagaon in Bongaigaon district of Assam, and rammed into the truck at around 3:30 am.
The deceased have been identified as Shambhu Rawat, Kanchan Rawat, Utpal Rai and Subhash Adhikari. However, the identity of the fifth person, who is believed to be the handyman of the vehicle, is yet to be confirmed.
Meanwhile, the injured are getting treatment at Dhubri civil hospital while those with serious injuries have been shifted to Gauhati Medical College Hospital (GMCH) for better treatment.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP