Guwahati: A journalist from an Assam-based media house was attacked by unidentified miscreants near Mukalmua area of Nalbari district in the state late on Thursday night.
The scribe, who has been identified as Rajen Deka, sustained severe injuries when a group of unidentified people allegedly attacked him with sharp weapons while he was returning home at night.
Deka is working as a correspondent for the Assamese daily ‘Dainik Asom’. He was first admitted to the Nalbari civil hospital but was shifted Gauhati Medical College & Hospital in Guwahati after his condition deteriorated.
It has been alleged that some BJP workers from the state are behind the incident. Police investigation is on.
Meanwhile, questioning over the security in the state, the Nalbari Journalists’ Association and the Nalbari Press Club have condemned the incident.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips