Guwahati: A journalist from an Assam-based media house was attacked by unidentified miscreants near Mukalmua area of Nalbari district in the state late on Thursday night.
The scribe, who has been identified as Rajen Deka, sustained severe injuries when a group of unidentified people allegedly attacked him with sharp weapons while he was returning home at night.
Deka is working as a correspondent for the Assamese daily ‘Dainik Asom’. He was first admitted to the Nalbari civil hospital but was shifted Gauhati Medical College & Hospital in Guwahati after his condition deteriorated.
It has been alleged that some BJP workers from the state are behind the incident. Police investigation is on.
Meanwhile, questioning over the security in the state, the Nalbari Journalists’ Association and the Nalbari Press Club have condemned the incident.
- The Wet Ones: A love it or hate it movie with nightmarish dolls
- SpaceX: Maverick talks to space cruisers Rook, Nova, Hanks and Leo
- 5 easy tried and tested one-pot meals to ‘Netflix and chill’ this weekend
- COVID in schools: How ventilation can help to combat spread of the virus
- Indo-Nepal joint military training exercise in Pithoragarh from Monday
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize