Guwahati: Guwahati on Thursday recorded a maximum temperature of 36.7 degrees Celsius, which was said to be the highest in the month of April in the past two years.
As per reports by the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), the maximum temperature recorded was also the highest in April so far this year.
The early heat that has hit the capital city this year has become a matter of concern for the residents of Guwahati. In comparison, the highest temperature recorded last year in the month of April was 31.22 degrees Celsius.
There’s, however, relief in sight. As per IMD, the maximum temperature will go down in the coming days with the average temperature hovering around 31 degrees Celsius.
- India records 34,403 COVID-19 cases, 320 deaths
- Dalai Lama greets PM Modi on his birthday
- India hands over newly-constructed school building to Nepal
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study