Kohima: A Naga youth, Mhonbemo Shitiri, is wowing the Internet with his amazing guitar skills. In a video that has now surfaced on social media, Shitiri, who is a resident of Orchill Hill in Nagaland’s Wokha district, is seen strumming his guitar using a unique ‘lap tapping’ guitar technique.
Check out the video:
In ‘lap tapping’, the guitar is laid flat across one’s lap and notes are sounded by pressing down on the strings with both hands, similar to how one would play the piano.
The Lotha Naga youth does a wonderful job in performing a rendition of The Future, an original song composed by Italian guitarist Lucas Stricagnoli and performed using lap tapping technique on a guitar made by Davide Serracini. The song was inspired by the style of famous Canadian composer and guitarist Erik Mongrain and American singer/songwriter Reginald ‘Guitaro’ Guillaume.
Check out the original video by Stricagnoli:
- WWE Extreme Rules 2021: Roman Reigns’ reign continues
- Sikkim eases COVID-19 restrictions for tourists
- Eyeing play-off berth, Delhi Capitals have their nose ahead against KKR
- Google in court to appeal EU’s 2018 Android antitrust case
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study