Guwahati: Assam recorded an estimated voter turnout of 73% till 5 pm at the end of the second phase of Lok Sabha elections on Thursday.
Polling for the five Lok Sabha constituencies of the state — Nagaon, Silchar, Karimganj, Mangaldoi, and Autonomous Districts — are underway since 7 am in the morning with several Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) and Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) malfunctioning reported at a number of polling booths.
According to reports, till 5 pm, Nagaon recorded the highest voter turnout in the state with an estimated poll percentage of 76%, followed by Mangaldoi at 75%; Karimganj at 72%, Silchar at 72% and Autonomous District with a turnout of 70% .
So far, polling has been conducted in a peaceful manner without any case of violence reported from anywhere in the state.
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene