Guwahati: Ahead of the second and third phases of the Lok Sabha elections in the state, several incidents of cash seizure have been reported from various places of Assam.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police and the static surveillance team (SST) seized Rs 6 lakh in unaccounted cash from a person identified as Kamal Uddin in Hojai. The police arrested the man after he failed to provide any valid documents in support of the seized cash.
In another similar incident, the police managed to seize several lakhs of unaccounted cash from a hotel in Nagaon on Monday. Two people, identified as Sakil Ahmed from Tinsukia and Jiten Goswami of Nagaon town, have been detained in this connection.
- Sikkim flood: Govt begins process of issuing death certificates for missing persons
- Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival to begin on Dec 14: See details here
- Nagaland: Pastor arrested in ‘Mystery Box’ scam
- Mizoram: Drug-related deaths highest in nearly two decades
- Assam: Fond of Calisthenics? Make sure to attend CaliGames 2.0 in Guwahati
- Kaziranga on its way to becoming a wellness destination