Guwahati: Ahead of the second and third phases of the Lok Sabha elections in the state, several incidents of cash seizure have been reported from various places of Assam.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of police and the static surveillance team (SST) seized Rs 6 lakh in unaccounted cash from a person identified as Kamal Uddin in Hojai. The police arrested the man after he failed to provide any valid documents in support of the seized cash.
In another similar incident, the police managed to seize several lakhs of unaccounted cash from a hotel in Nagaon on Monday. Two people, identified as Sakil Ahmed from Tinsukia and Jiten Goswami of Nagaon town, have been detained in this connection.
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu
- Vote NPF for development of Nagaland: Party leader Thenucho Tunyi
- Hardcore: Elon Musk’s management style case study in what not to do
- Meghalaya firing: NHRC issues notice to Assam & Meghalaya
- Mumbai: Tributes paid to martyrs on 14th anniversary of 26/11 terror attacks