Imphal: Three women were killed in separate incidents after thunderstorm accompanied with gusty wind and lightening left a trail of destruction in Manipur on Monday. Several residents were also injured when the violent struck the state in morning.
While two women, who were taking refuge in a storm shelter, died after it collapsed in K Salemjang village of Churachandpur district, another one after a tree fell on her tea stall in Kakching district’s Wairi area, said reports.
The deceased in the Churachandpur incident have been identified as Nemden (74) of Salemjang village and Chinkholhai (50) of Kulbung village. The Kaching victim has been identified as Y Nungsitombi (56).
Several buildings, educational institutes and houses were damaged in several parts of the state.
Further details of damage and casualties will be ascertained only later, officials said.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people