Guwahati: Bihu, the Assamese festival of colour and celebration, has now reached outer space, quite literally. A video of NASA astronaut Mike Fincke performing the traditional dance in zero gravity has gone viral on social media.
Also Read: Bihu & creation of Assamese sub-nationalism
Fincke, who has been stationed at the International Space Station, is married to an Assamese woman, Renita Saikia, and is seen doing the signature steps of Bihu wearing a traditional red and white ‘gamusa’ in the video.
This viral video was first shared on Twitter, after which it went viral. The video has gained a lot of praise from the residents of the state.
- Are flu cases already 100 times higher than last year? Here’s what we really know about the 2023 flu season
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO
- Long COVID: what we know about how it affects mental health
- India to host 2023 SAFF Championships in Bengaluru