Guwahati: Bihu, the Assamese festival of colour and celebration, has now reached outer space, quite literally. A video of NASA astronaut Mike Fincke performing the traditional dance in zero gravity has gone viral on social media.
Also Read: Bihu & creation of Assamese sub-nationalism
Fincke, who has been stationed at the International Space Station, is married to an Assamese woman, Renita Saikia, and is seen doing the signature steps of Bihu wearing a traditional red and white ‘gamusa’ in the video.
This viral video was first shared on Twitter, after which it went viral. The video has gained a lot of praise from the residents of the state.
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials