Kohima: The Beauty and Aesthetic Society of Nagaland (BASN) on Friday organised an official send-off ceremony in Kohima for Marina Kiho, the FBB Femina Miss India Nagaland. Kiho will be officially crowned in Kolkata later this month and will represent the state in Femina Miss India 2019.
At the ceremony, the former Miss Nagaland exuded excitement and said that she was determined to “represent the beautiful state”. With a resolute will to represent the state, Kiho’s first attempt, though unsuccessful, was no disappointment. She came back stronger and more confident at her next attempt, owing to all the hard work and undying encouragement from the people.
Kiho added that ever since she was introduced to beauty pageant in 2017, she began to explore her “potential talents”.
Meanwhile, FBB Femina Miss Nagaland 2018 Ruopfüzhano Whiso emotionally thanked all Nagas for their constant support during her journey. Although it was not an easy journey, she said: “It was a whole new world.” Having experienced the limelight, Whiso said that beauty pageants in the state must be widely encouraged.
Since 1991, BASN has been organising the ‘Miss Nagaland’ contest. Since 2017, Femina introduced a new format for the selection of contestants for Femina Miss India at the national level.
The ceremony was led by Mele Pucho, BASN director, with a special performance by prominent Naga artist Virie and concluded with a special prayer for the two beauty queens.
- Egam Basar: Arunachal scientist on a mission to revive dying water bodies
- Rs 387cr 4-lane Dimapur-Kohima road to be ready this year: Gadkari
- Manipur: Six cops among 9 injured during eviction drive in Kangpokpi
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 7 December, 2022
- Naga peace: NPF leader demands final solution before Christmas
- UPSC declares results of Civil Services (Main) Examination 2022