Kohima: The Beauty and Aesthetic Society of Nagaland (BASN) on Friday organised an official send-off ceremony in Kohima for Marina Kiho, the FBB Femina Miss India Nagaland. Kiho will be officially crowned in Kolkata later this month and will represent the state in Femina Miss India 2019.
At the ceremony, the former Miss Nagaland exuded excitement and said that she was determined to “represent the beautiful state”. With a resolute will to represent the state, Kiho’s first attempt, though unsuccessful, was no disappointment. She came back stronger and more confident at her next attempt, owing to all the hard work and undying encouragement from the people.
Kiho added that ever since she was introduced to beauty pageant in 2017, she began to explore her “potential talents”.
Meanwhile, FBB Femina Miss Nagaland 2018 Ruopfüzhano Whiso emotionally thanked all Nagas for their constant support during her journey. Although it was not an easy journey, she said: “It was a whole new world.” Having experienced the limelight, Whiso said that beauty pageants in the state must be widely encouraged.
Since 1991, BASN has been organising the ‘Miss Nagaland’ contest. Since 2017, Femina introduced a new format for the selection of contestants for Femina Miss India at the national level.
The ceremony was led by Mele Pucho, BASN director, with a special performance by prominent Naga artist Virie and concluded with a special prayer for the two beauty queens.
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5
- Mizoram, Assam agree to maintain peace along disputed border