Imphal: In an unfortunate incident, three persons, including a woman, sustained severe injuries following a brawl that broke out between BJP and Congress supporters around 6 pm in Thoubal district of Manipur on Thursday.
The injured woman, who has been identified as Khundrakpam Pushpa, was first admitted to the Thoubal district hospital but was later referred to Shija hospital due to the severity of her injuries. Meanwhile, the other two injured persons were discharged immediately after treatment.
As per reports, the violence erupted due to alleged reports of BJP supporters stopping Congress supporters from casting their votes and also denying the Congress party agent to be present in the polling station.
However, the allegations are yet to be verified.
- BSF shoots down drone along international border in Amritsar
- India logs 389 new COVID-19 cases, active cases down to 5,395
- Alliance Air resumes Silchar- Imphal flight service after a decade
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath