Guwahati: In a delightful move by the chief electoral officer’s (CEO) office in Nagaland, waiting rooms have been set up in the state to assist electors waiting to cast their votes.
As long queues and extended waiting hours can make the electoral process quiet tedious, an initiative to offer help has come as a relief to voters at a model polling station in Zunheboto, Nagaland.
Voters with token were provided with crèche facility for their young ones and plastic-free drinking water in the waiting room.
Voting for the lone Lok Sabha seat and by-polls for Aonglenden constituency is underway in the state. Elsewhere in Northeast, polls are going on in the first phase of Parliamentary elections on Thursday.
- Assam: Panic in Sonitpur after Russell’s Viper kills teenager
- Hornbill Festival: Akashvani showcases vintage radio equipment
- Assam: Mahura Weaves opens showroom at Guwahati’s Roodraksh Mall
- Cong ignored spirit of anti-BJP alliance in state polls: Ex-Tripura CM
- Nagaland’s Keneilelie Sorünuo wins Silver in National Bodybuilding C’ship
- Digitised records from wildlife centres show how humans harm wild animals