Guwahati: Upholding the spirit of democracy, differently-abled voters across Northeast India are going all out to exercise their franchise at polling stations in their respective constituencies.
Special arrangements like wheelchairs and ramps have been made at polling stations. At a few places, free transport facilities have also been provided for their commute to and from the poll stations. At several places, volunteers have also been seen helping the voters to exercise their franchise.
Meanwhile, renowned Naga disability activist Diethono Nakhro also casted her vote at GPS Phezou under Western Angami constituency in Nagaland. For years, Nakhro has fought for inclusion of differently-abled persons into the mainstream.
Polling for the 14 Parliamentary seats in Northeast is currently underway across the eight states, and simultaneous assembly elections are going on in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people