Dimapur: In what has been suspected to be an epidemic, 70 buffaloes have died in the past few days over a new disease in Nagaland’s Dimapur district.
In a letter dated April 9, Kevekha Kevin Zehol, the deputy commissioner of Dimapur district, wrote to the chief veterinary officer of the district informing him of the outbreak of a “buffalo epidemic” in Socunoma, Khaibung, Chathe, Molvom and nearby villages. “It is also further reported that approximately 70 buffaloes have died so far,” the DC wrote.
The chief veterinary officer was thereby requested to “verify and take stock of the situation so that the epidemic is contained”.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19