Imphal: There was total chaos in Imphal on Sunday after the police reportedly barricaded the Hapta Kangjeibung ground to prevent people from leaving a meeting that was being addressed by PM Narendra Modi as part of his election campaigning.
In some visuals that have now emerged on social media, policemen are seen blocking the entry/exit gate with a wooden plank. While some of them got lucky, most of them were pushed inside by the cops on duty. Among the people trying to leave the rally were women.
Also Read: Manipur: Lok Sabha candidate receives ‘threat’ from armed group
In another visual, a woman is seen climbing a tall gate in a bid to leave the premises.
Manipur is going to polls for the Lok Sabha in two phases — while voting for Manipur Outer constituency will be held on April 11, that for Manipur Inner constituency will take place on April 18.
- Arunachal’s Lipi Gamlin participates in ISRO Yuvika prog
- Meghalaya: ‘Cheap stunt’ or is the GNLA really regrouping?
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 4,972
- For Manipur’s fencing hero Jetlee, Olympics is a destination, not a dream
- Nagaland: NSF issues ultimatum to nab culprits involved in Naga club vandalisation
- Mizoram: ZORO holds rally to express solidarity with Manipur tribals hit by violence