Aizawl: Kerala artist Sunil Pookode has painted a portrait of six-year-old Derek C Lachhanhima standing on a globe. A picture of the Mizoram boy rushing an injured chick to the hospital has gone viral on social media.
Pookode, who had posted Derek’s painting on Facebook on Thursday night, has been shared almost 1,400 times and counting. “നീ വലിയവനാടാ… ഡെർക്കാ… (You are great, Derek),” he wrote in Malayalam, along with the photo in his post.
On Wednesday, Lalchhanhima accidentally ran over his neighbour’s chick with his cycle at Sairang. On realising his mistake, the little gentleman rushed the hurt chick to the nearest hospital with all the money he had.
The story, posted on Facebook by a user ‘Sanga Says’ on Tuesday, has gone viral and has been shared over 90,000 times and counting.
- Indonesia Open: Sindhu loses in semifinals
- #BlackHoleFriday: What are these extreme objects feasting on?
- India logs 8,318 new coronavirus infections
- Nagaland gears up for Hornbill festival from Dec 1
- Sikkim: 50 MBBS seats reserved for Sikkimese students at SMIMS
- A conspiracy: Kharge on 12 Meghalaya Cong MLAs joining TMC