Aizawl: By now, we all know about the viral Mizoram kid picture that’s doing the rounds on social media. The ‘innocent act’ of six-year-old Derek C Lalchhanhima of rushing an injured chick to the hospital has been appreciated by many, some calling it an epitome of goodness.
We have also seen photos and videos of commuters observing extreme self-imposed traffic discipline in the capital city of Aizawl. Motorists are hailed for following traffic rules like a rule of thumb — they stick to a straight line, cars to the left of their lane, two-wheelers to the right.
However, a picture that has now emerged takes the cake. The image shows residents standing in a queue to dispose of their garbage on to a dumper parked by the side of a road in Aizawl.
If it’s discipline that we are talking about, there’s a lot that the rest of India can learn from the tiny Northeastern state of Mizoram.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31