Kohima: Nagaland commissioner and returning officer Motsuthung Patton has served a show-cause notice to MP Tokheho Yepthomi for violating the model code of conduct in place ahead of the Lok Sabha elections in the state on April 11.
Yepthomi, the consensus candidate of the People’s Democratic Alliance (PDA) government, is the third parliamentary candidate from the state to be served with a show-cause notice.
The notice was issued after Yepthomi was meeting and campaigning on Wednesday, as reported by a local daily on Thursday.
The notice further said that Yepthomi has violated the election law by not obtaining permission for the said meeting from the district administration and therefore must reply within 48 hours as to why action must not be initiated against him.
Earlier, independent candidate MM Thromwa Konyak and Congress candidate and former CM KL Chishi were served show-cause notices.
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shiva Thapa eyes fresh record at world championship as ‘the senior one’
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24