Imphal: CM N Biren Singh has condoled the death of Inspector Alex Tungnung Lalminlun, a Manipur native, who was killed following heavy shelling along LoC in Jammu & Kashmir on Monday. Several civilians and jawans, too, suffered injuries during the incident.
The Border Security Force (BSF) official, a resident of Churachandpur district, sustained major injuries in Krishna Ghati sector along the LoC. He later succumbed to splinter injuries at the Army Command Hospital in Udhampur.
CM Singh condoled his death saying “the country shall not forget the supreme sacrifice” made by the inspector and that “his sacrifice shall not go in vain”.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands