Kaliabor: Abdul Aziz, the National People’s Party (NPP) candidate for Kaliabor Parliamentary constituency, and some of his party supporters came under attack at Samuguri in Assam’s Nagaon district on Thursday.
The miscreants allegedly hurled stones at the cars in which Aziz and his supporters were travelling. Three NPP supporters sustained injuries while four vehicles were damaged during the incident.
The injured have been identified as Jahrab Ali, Abu Taher and Saddam Hussain.
It is alleged that Aziz and his supporters were attacked by Congress supporters while they were passing through Geruahati area of Samuguri.
In a complaint to the Chief Electoral Officer, Dispur, Abdul Hussain, co-convenor, NPP, Assam state unit, said that some supporters of the Congress candidate for Kaliabar Parliamentary constituency were involved in the incident.
“An FIR was also lodged by Md Abdul Aziz in the Khatowal Police Station, Nagaon after the incident,” the NPP complaint letter said.
According to the letter, the registration numbers of the vehicles damaged during the attack are: AS02 G7741, AS02 T3161, AS02 N1745 and AS02 D 9235.
The NPP named five candidates for the Lok Sabha election in Assam. Besides Aziz, the other candidates are — Nazia Yasmin Mazumdar for Silchar, Ram Bahadur Sunar for Tezpur, Kamala Rajkonwar for Jorhat and Bhaben Baruah for Dibrugarh.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry