Guwahati: In the first quarter of 2019, the Northeast Frontier (NF) Railway arrested 23 persons on charges of theft of passenger belongings, said its chief public relations officer, PJ Sharma, on Tuesday.
As per the press release, “the arrested criminals also include druggists who used to drug passengers on various pretext and loot their belongings”.
Last year, Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel of NF Railway arrested 118 criminals on charges of drugging and theft of passenger belongings.
Recently, in a special drive by a joint team of Crime Prevention & Detection Squad (CPDS) and Crime Investigation Branch (CIB) on March 30, three persons were held in Katihar, Bihar.
The detained were identified as Kartik Mahto, Sovind Kumar and Aman Kumar, all hailing from Begusarai, Bihar. Ornaments worth Rs 1,50,000, three mobile phones, six trolley bags, five backpacks, Rs 80,000 in cash and Aadhaar cards was recovered from them.
The arrested persons along with the seized materials were later handed over to OC/GRP/Katihar who registered a case vide No.29/2019 dated 30.03.2019 u/s 379/411/414/34 IPC and 137/147 Railway Act.
The drive, comprising Inspector Anoop Tiwari, head constable RK Jaiswal, constable Rakesh Kr Singh, head constable BK Dubey and constable Ramashish Jha conducted a special drive at Katihar Railway station with active support of GRP, Katihar.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19