Aizawl: Taking moral responsibility, ICFAI University Mizoram vice chancellor Lt. General (Dr) Anil Kumar Mishra (Retd) on Monday tendered his resigned following an agitation launched by the university students over alleged negligence by the ICFAI headquarter in Hyderabad.
On March 28, hundreds of students staged a sit-in demonstration at the institute premise, protesting against the alleged poor administration meted out to the Mizoram university by ICFAI Society, Hyderabad.
They said that the headquarters was not fulfilling its terms and obligation to its Mizoram sector and accused them of using the Mizoram centre merely for monetary gains.
The students made several demands from the ICFAI Society, Hyderabad, including reduction of fees, which were paid no heed to.
Further, the students blamed the headquarter of burdening them with a fee hike. They appealed to the authorities concerned to re-adjust the fees according to the living standard of the Mizo tribals.
ICFAI University, Mizoram (The Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Mizoram) was established in 2006 through an Act of the State Legislature of Mizoram. It is the first private university in the state.
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon
- PCOD? Here’s a list of foods to add to your diet