Guwahati: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday released its third list of candidates for the ensuing Lok Sabha elections including one contender each from Assam and Meghalaya in Northeast India.
In Assam, the BJP announced the name of state labour and employment (independent) minister Pallab Lochan Das for the Tezpur parliamentary constituency. The saffron party dropped sitting MP Ram Prasad Sharma, who quit the party earlier this month.
Meanwhile, in Meghalaya, MLA Sanbor Shullai will be contesting from the Shillong (ST) seat.
Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was earlier deemed to be the contender from the Tezpur seat. However, the party decided not to go ahead with the decision looking at his role as the convenor of the North-East Democratic Alliance (NEDA).
Apart from the two names from the Northeast, the BJP’s latest list featured 34 other candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Odisha.
Voting will take place in Tezpur and Shillong constituency on April 11.
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’
- US to lift travel restrictions for fully vaccinated foreigners from Nov 8