Guwahati: Bollywood actor Adil Hussain, who is of Assamese descent, took to Twitter on Thursday to recall his childhood memories during Holi in his native state of Assam.
The English Vinglish actor tweeted: “Remembering my childhood days jumping into our Pond to Wash off the Holi Colours at the end of the day. How much fun we had while growing up in #Goalpara #Assam. Very happy Holi, the festival of merger of all sorts of colours into one pot, into the pot of India.”
Hussain, a National Award winner, is a noted personality with a presence in national as well as international cinema. Recently, he worked with Oscar-winning filmmaker Danis Tanovic.
In terms of work, he will be playing the lead in three upcoming movies; Goutam Ghose’s Raahgir; Nirvana Inn, a paranormal thriller by Vijay Jayapal, and Prakash Jha’s Pariksha.
- Guwahati: Sahitya Sabha, GMDA at loggerheads over Chachal land
- Blood test can detect Alzheimer’s 3.5 years before diagnosis
- Mizoram: 3 killed as Khawzawl road construction site caves in
- Mizoram: Several local leaders quit MNF in Siaha
- The seven important nutrients for mental health
- Antibodies against coronavirus ‘coldspots’ discovered